Wednesday, February 18, 2009

To buy or not to buy...
So for the last few months, Ed has mentioned that he was going to buy me a laptop for my birthday. To be honest, I was kinda excited, but I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up, because I know money is a little tight. So, when we filed our taxes and figured out that we were going to be getting a decent amount for a refund this year, I was kinda hoping that I would be getting one. Unfortunately, that was not the case, although I don't blame Ed. Instead he wants to pay off one of my two credit cards and make a big payment on the other one - so it looks better when we look to get a mortgage in a few months. Makes complete sense... just makes me a bit sad. Ed gave me a laptop six years ago when I was finishing my undergrad degree and it was one of the greatest gifts he has given me! (He also gave me an awesome iMac three years ago) Unfortunately about a year ago the laptop's video card died... and I had to go to my dad for a temporary replacement. I've gone through three lappys from my dad. The current one is OK, but it often will stop working, doesn't find the internet connection and has no volume. Plus, it's a bit on the slow side. So, when Ed was talking about getting a new computer, I was super excited. When we were at dinner we talked about it, and we decided that we are going to get me one, but there would be no money from the tax return for spending money for me! Yay! I'm OK with that... so Ed looked at his watch, and said "bummer... the apple store just closed." Damn. On the drive home, I had convinced me that I shouldn't get one... the money would probably be better spent in some other way. But of course, when I went to use my laptop when I got home - the damned thing wouldn't work! Oy! What to do... what to do...

No comments: