Monday, February 16, 2009

The Belly Button

I visited the doctor this morning with little Miss Lily to have her belly button "checked out". It became obvious a few weeks back that her little button is herniated! Poor little thing. It wiggles around and started sticking out more the other day, so I figured I should just have it checked out by her Ped. When I mentioned it to my mom, she said she'd heard of people who would tape a half dollar over it, to help stick it back into the belly... and wanted me to ask the doctor if he'd heard of people doing it. So this morning at the doctors office, he explained to me what it was, and that is was good of me to have it checked in. While I had never seen it happen before it is rather common, and was not the worst case that he has seen. Thank Goodness! He said it should be fine and should stop sticking out by the time she enters Kindergarten. When I asked him about the coin thing, he said that he's seen people come in with coins taped to their baby's little bellies or irritated skin around the belly button, an obvious hint that something was up. I don't think I'm going to take that route...


What Lily's little belly looks like

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little button! :(